A Taste of the Wild Catering
Zoo: (505) 848-7123 or (505) 248-8554
Aquarium: (505) 848-7182
Book your birthday party package through A Taste of the Wild Catering.
Zoo-It-Yourself Birthday Party
- Host your own small birthday celebration during regular business hours (9 a.m.-5 p.m.). Ticket booths are open until one half-hour before closing. Buy tickets online anytime.
- Each member of the party must pay regular admission to enter. Group rates are not available for do-it-yourself birthday parties.
- No outside catering allowed.
- Do-it-yourself birthdays without Taste of the Wild catering do not require a reservation.
- Celebrations may take place in areas open to picnicking, such as Cottonwood Park.
- Reserve an area on the ParQ Cafe's outdoor patio. $150 space charge. Table and chair rental available:
- Plastic white chairs: $2.25 + tax
- 8 foot banquet table: $15 + tax (includes black linen)
- 60 inch round table: $15 + tax (includes black linen)
- Set up fee: $95 (additional fee for parties of more than 50)
You can also host a do-it-yourself birthday at the Aquarium, Botanic Garden or Tingley Beach. Celebrations can take place in areas open to picnicking such as the Botanic Garden's Festival Green, the plaza in front of the Aquarium and grassy areas at Tingley Beach. Please remember that no food or drinks are allowed inside the Aquarium, and no outside food allowed in the Shark Reef Cafe or ParQ Cafe.
- Can we bring food or cake on ground? Yes, you are allowed to bring in food and drinks. No glass bottles or containers are allowed. We also offer a variety of food and drinks at our concession stands.
- Can we bring balloons, confetti, streamers, etc? No. Balloons, confetti, streamers, bouncy balls and other small plastic toys are prohibited.
For the safety of animals and other visitors, please leave balloons, pinatas, glitter, paint, Frisbees, balls of any kind, alcohol and noise makers at home - they are prohibited.
Be mindful of your trash. Make sure it ends up in our trash cans and recycling bins or safely back in your vehicle.