Balloon Museum Volunteer Positions
Information about Balloon Museum volunteer positions.
- Register online with pertinent volunteer information.
- If computer access is not available, contact us to register.
- Provide a copy of driver's license.
- Pass a police background check. Balloon Museum will process and pay for background check.
Deadline: Volunteer background check paperwork complete by Sept. 30, 2013.
- Attend on-site volunteer training and museum tour prior to Oct. 5 and the start of Balloon Fiesta.
- Everyone must attend one tour, one "general information" training, and one job-specific training.
- Multiple dates are offered for tours, general information, and some jobs.
- Welcome Crew -- Shifts I, II, III, IV. Looking for friendly, strong customer service skills and ability to stand or walk for most of shift. The Welcome Crew greets visitors, answers questions, gives directions, offers general assistance to museum visitors outside and inside the museum.
- Docents –Provide tours of Balloon Museum for guests. Looking for bilingual docents.
- Family Craft Assistants— Shifts I & II. Looking for interest in working with children and families while offering “hands-on” instructions for craft projects. Family Crafts take place at “DC Family” Events (shift I) and in the Classroom midday (shift II).
- Shuttle Drivers— Shifts I & IV. Will be trained on proper safety procedures for driving, loading and unloading passengers, and the specific route the shuttles will follow. Shuttle Driver Shifts 1 is 5am-11am. Must be at least 18 and have valid New Mexico driver’s license.
- Balloon Museum Shoppe Assistants— Shifts I, II, III, IV. Assist the shoppe staff with bagging purchases and retrieving items from the stock room. Volunteers also assist with cleaning and straightening the shoppe. Standing/walking.
- Balloon Explorium Assistants—Shifts I, II & III. Assist guests of all ages with hands-on exhibits in the Balloon School Exhibition and answer questions about ballooning. Standing and walking required. Knowledge of ballooning a plus, but not required.
- Floaters -- Shifts I, II & III. Provide backup to fill various positions during breaks, absences and peak hours. Monitors museum inside and out for timely trash pickups, restock supplies where needed. Standing/ walking.
- Balloon Museum Representative at Balloon Fiesta Park—Shift I. Volunteers represent Balloon Museum in an Information Booth Tent on Balloon Fiesta Park during morning launches.
- Information Booth Attendant— Shifts I, II, & III. Answer questions about Balloon Museum, Balloon Fiesta, local places of interest. Position may sit or stand.
- Shift Leader – Shifts I, II & III. Shift Leaders assist with volunteer sign-ins at beginning of each shift, answer volunteer questions, roam station to station to assist volunteers.
- North Lawn Activity Assistants – Shifts I, II, III, IV. Outdoor positions to help visitors participate in outdoor special activities such as Dome movie and Playable Art Installations.