Volunteer at the Museum During Balloon Fiesta
If you have questions, please contact [email protected] or call (505) 768-6031.
Inspiring. Adventurous. Inclusive.A HUGE thank you to our 2016 volunteers! We could not have done it without you!
For nine days in October, Albuquerque skies are painted with hundreds of hot-air balloons during the world's largest ballooning event.
The Balloon Museum is directly south of Balloon Fiesta Park, and is a great location to view and learn about ballooning and the annual Balloon Fiesta®.
While the Balloon Museum and Balloon Fiesta® work together during this time, each is a separate organization. The Balloon Museum is currently recruiting volunteers to support the many events and visitors that come to our facility.
You can register all year long, but keep looking for orientation dates for Balloon Fiesta 2017!
Volunteer Positions Include:
- Welcome Crew (Greeters and Info Booths)
- Museum Shoppe Assistants
- Special Events Crew
- Shuttle Cart Drivers
- Family Arts and Crafts Assistant
- Remote Controlled Hot Air Balloon Crew
- and More!
How to: Register to Volunteer
- Complete an online application. If you are only interested in volunteering during Balloon Fiesta®, please select "Museum Volunteer During Balloon Fiesta."
- Submit a valid photo ID.
- Use your registration information to sign up for any of the following orientation dates.
- Once you have completed your orientation(s), sign up for shifts.
Orientation is closed until September 2017. Check back to see what dates will work for you!
- Register online or in person at Balloon Museum with pertinent volunteer information.
- Commit to work entire shift, from start time to end time. *Special accommodations may be arranged with Volunteer Coordinator.
- Sign-up for multiple days (preferably).
- Provide a copy of driver's license.
- Pass a police background check. Balloon Museum will process and pay for background check. Volunteer background check paperwork must be completed before Balloon Fiesta.
- Attend on-site volunteer orientation prior to Balloon Fiesta. Multiple dates are offered (see above). All volunteers must attend at least one training, subject to change depending on position(s) applied for.
Volunteers are supplied with a name tag, t-shirt, parking pass and orientation. All items are distributed at orientation.