Volunteer at the Balloon Museum
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Student Field Trips
- Special Events
- Administrative duties
- Balloon Fiesta
- And more!
Calling All Volunteers
Do you or someone you know have a diverse set of skills, enjoy serving the community in a friendly environment, or want to learn more about the Balloon Museum?
The Balloon Museum is looking for volunteers to assist with greeting visitors, providing guided tours, leading a school field trip or helping with special programs at the Museum.
Join the Balloon Museum team and help us showcase all the Balloon Museum has to offer.
Volunteers typically work one four-hour shift per week or more depending on their schedule. All volunteers will attend an orientation and shadow a more experienced volunteer until they are comfortable on their own.
Balloon Fiesta Volunteer Information
The Balloon Museum celebrates the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta® for nine days in October. Albuquerque skies are painted with hundreds of hot-air balloons during the world’s largest ballooning event. The Balloon Museum which is directly south of the Balloon Fiesta Park is a great location to view and learn about ballooning and the annual Balloon Fiesta®. While the Balloon Museum and Balloon Fiesta work in concert, each is a separate organization. The Balloon Museum is currently recruiting volunteers to help with the many events and visitors at the Balloon Museum.
Saturday, October 3 – Sunday, October 11.
Nine days with four shifts between 5am-10pm.
Welcome Crew (Greeters and Info Booths)
Museum Shoppe Assistants
Special Events Crew
Shuttle Cart Drivers
Family Arts and Crafts Assistant
Remote Controlled Hot Air Balloon Crew and More!
Register by September 23 to volunteer.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: Emily at 505-768-6035
• Commit to work entire shift, from start time to end time. * Special accommodations may be arranged with Volunteer Coordinator.
• Sign-up for multiple days if possible
• Provide a copy of driver’s license.
• Pass a police background check. Balloon Museum will process and pay for background check.
• Deadline: Volunteer back ground-check paperwork complete by September 27.
• Attend on-site volunteer orientation prior to October 1. Multiple dates are offered.
• Volunteers are supplied with name tag, t-shirt, parking pass and orientation. All items are distributed at orientations.
Orientation Dates – Register on-line for orientations.
Thursday, September 24, 12-3pm, Welcome Crew, Special Events and General Orientation
Thursday, September 24, 5-8pm, Welcome Crew, Special Events and General Orientation
Friday, September 25, 9am-12noon, Family Arts and Craft Crew Orientation
Monday, September 28, 12-2pm, Museum Shoppe and General Orientation
Wednesday, September 30, 5-8pm, Shuttle Cart Drivers and General Orientation (last session offered)