The Albuquerque Balloon Museum hosts awe-inspiring events and programs during the annual Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.
Dawn Patrol - Explore the skies. Full dome immersive 360° Cinema.
- Join a team of balloonists as they take audience through an experience like never before. In glorious FULL DOME 360° cinema, be part of the inflation take off, and ride. You'll drive with the chase crew, and you'll even have to strap on your helmet for a ride on a chase motorcycle! Experience the complete calm of high-altitude ballooning and, of course, hang on for a rough landing. For more information, visit http://dawnpatrol.lumenscapes.com.
Skylight - Light up the Balloon Museum with your knowledge of the sky.
- Test your knowledge of sky trivia and enjoy an enormous light show on the facade of the Balloon Museum. "Skylight" is an interactive LED light installation on the museum's famed Balloon-shaped window. It responds to your answers to sky-related trivia via text messaging using light artwork that interacts with activities on visitors' smartphones. The light patterns and animations change in real time based on responses to a fun text-message "quiz" about the alternative energy potentials that surround us in the air and sky, like solar, wind, and others.
Furry Friends Fiesta Day (10/5: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- A fun day for humans and their furry friends (on leashes). The day will feature a pet parade, costume contest, pet-friendly vendors, Disc Dogs of New Mexico Agility demo, and more.
- Play Conservatory will play during FFD. Students will perform songs from past productions followed by scenes from their PLAY for Peace workshop raising awareness of peacemaking and nonviolent conflict resolution.
- Art Installation: Sky Portal will also be dedicated on October 5th. This large-scale piece will offer experiences of both sky and ground, similar to the intimacy of being in a balloon, except instead of seeing the interior of the balloon, the viewer's attention will be focused on the ever-changing sky dome.
The Balloon Museum will have extended hours during Balloon Fiesta, 5 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily.
Balloon Museum Booth on the Field
- Come visit us to find out more info on daily activities hosted by the Balloon Museum and all of Cultural Services.
Free Shuttles to and from the Field
- Dedicated pick up and drop off locations. In operation during peak times and only when events are happening on the field.
Balloon Fiesta Bike Valet
- Bike valet will have a new location just inside the Balloon Museum Grounds. The bike valet will be open from 5:30 to 11 a.m. during morning sessions and from 5:30 to 9 p.m. during the evening events.