The Santa Fe Opera Spotlight Series
The Santa Fe Opera: Spotlight Series
In the dark about opera? Well, lighten up! and Join Oliver Prezant for five theme-based talks that relate to the Santa Fe Opera's upcoming 2017 season. Each 90 minute presentation looks at a variety of operas through the lens of a single topic, and each culminates in a preview of one of the five productions of the SFO’s upcoming season.
- April 23 - Crazy for Mad Scenes! Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor
- April 30 - Shall We Dance? The Waltz in Opera. Strauss' Die Fledermaus
- May 7 - Birds of a Feather: Rimsky-Korsakov and Stravinsky. Rimsky Korsakov's The Golden Cockerel
- May 14 - Music Tech: 600 A.D. to the Present. Bates' The (R)evolution of Steve Jobs
- May 28 - Who Wears the Pants? Women in Disguise! Handel's Alcina