Building a World Class City: Albuquerque's Economic Future
Kiva Auditorium, Albuquerque Convention Center
Saturday, April 10, 9-11 am
We're promoting a fresh, innovative participatory approach to creating economic development in Albuquerque that is rooted in our community's unique assets and resources. Public participation in the process is fundamental. Please join us for a free, city-wide community forum entitled "Building a World Class City: Albuquerque's Economic Future." The forum will begin with a presentation about the March 25-26 Summit's outcomes, followed by an opportunity for citizens to provide feedback and additional brainstorming.
For more information, please call 768-3100 / TTY 768-2474 or email email@example.com.
Newspaper editorial about the March 25-26 Summit!
The following common questions serve as a spine to the "Building a World Class City: Albuquerque's Economic Future" participatory process:
- What do you want as economic development goals?
- What current, creative assets will most get us to where we must go?
- What projects can we capitalize on or initiate?
- What best practices can we use to develop an effective planning process and infrastructure?
As you begin to brainstorm economic development strategies, consider the following specific questions:
- What major creative assets will we leverage?
- What guiding principles will shape the plan?
- What are the most vital elements / industries to pursue in the next economy for Albuquerque?
- Which current projects best fit the emerging plan? Which projects have a full head of steam? Which pilot projects require going to scale? Which projects are ripe for cooperation?
- What will we have to learn to do next that we do not yet know how to do?
- How do we design the planning process and infrastructure?
ACCION New Mexico http://www.accionnm.org
Albuquerque Arts Alliance http://www.abqarts.org/
Albuquerque Convention and Visitors Bureau http://www.abqcvb.org
Albuquerque Economic Development http://www.abq.org
Albuquerque Film Office http://www.cabq.gov/film/index.html
Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce http://www.ahcnm.org
Albuquerque Independent Business Alliance http://www.keepitquerque.org
American Indian Chamber of Commerce http://www.aicc-nm.org
American Planning Association, NM Chapter http://www.nmapa.org
APS School Board http://ww2.aps.edu
Bernalillo County Economic Development http://www.bernco.gov/live/departments.asp?dept=2349
Broadway Central Corridors Partnership http://www.edocharrette.com
Downtown Action Team http://www.downtownabq.com
Economic Forum http://abec.unm.edu/Economic_Forum/EFHome.htm
Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce http://abqchamber.com
Jobs with Justice http://www.jwj.org
Junior Achievement New Mexico http://newmexico.ja.org
Metro New Mexico Development Alliance http://www.nmsitesearch.com
Micro and Nanotechnology Commercialization Education Foundation http://www.mancef.org
Middle Region Council of Governments http://www.mrcog-nm.gov
National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, NM http://www.naiopnm.org
New Mexico Community Development Loan Fund http://www.nmcdlf.org
New Mexico Economic Development http://www.edd.state.nm.us
New Mexico McCune Foundation http://www.nmmccune.org
New Mexico Voices for Children http://www.nmvoices.org
Next Generation Economy, Inc. http://www.nextgenclusters.net
Santa Fe Business Incubator http://www.sfbi.net
Sawmill Community Land Trust http://www.sawmillclt.org
Southwest Organizing Project http://www.swop.net
Technology Ventures Corporation http://www.techventures.org/NM
TVI Workforce Center http://planet.tvi.cc.nm.us/wtc
UNM Anderson School of Management http://www.mgt.unm.edu
UNM Bureau of Business and Economic Research http://www.unm.edu/~bber
UNM School of Architecture and Planning http://saap.unm.edu
UNM Technology Management Center http://mot.mgt.unm.edu/tmc
WESST Corp http://www.wesst.org
Youth Development, Inc. http://www.ydinm.org
1000 Friends of New Mexico http://www.1000friends-nm.org/
If we've missed any helpful websites, please email your addition to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll input the link immediately!
- O-04-10 Adopting an Economic Development Plan for the City
- R-04-27 Adopting Policy to Initiate at Least Two New Small Business Incubators
- Analysis of Albuquerque's Industrial Revenue Bond Program - April 2002 (1MB)
- Albuquerque's Industrial Revenue Bond Program: Community Stakeholder Perspectives and Recommendations - May 2002 (440k)
- Regional Transformation Process with Richard Florida-Aug 2003 (87.3k]
- Central New Mexico Competitiveness Summit-Sept 2003 (171k)