District 2 Newsletter - September 30, 2016
The next City Council meeting is Wednesday, October 5, at 5:00 pm in the Vincent Griego Chambers, basement level of City Hall: Agenda.
Legislation of Interest
- 25% Solar by 2025, R-16-36 (Davis, Benton) passed unanimously at the last Council meeting. R-16-36 requires that the Energy Conservation Council (ECC) recommend a new solar energy standard for the City of Albuquerque, establishing a goal of getting 25% or more of the City’s electrical energy from solar by 2025. The City is one of New Mexico's largest energy consumers and should be a leader energy efficiency and environmentally responsibility.
- AC-16-9 and AC-16-10 Appeals of Declaratory Ruling issued by Code Compliance Manager regarding the Edith Solid Waste Transfer Station: Council voted in September to reject the LUHO recommendation and to hold a full hearing on October 17, 2016. Council also directed that the Zoning Enforcement Officer provide a detailed written analysis to Council and the parties by October 7, justifying the original Declaratory Ruling that the transfer station is permissible in M-1.
- Projects List
- Santa Barbara Park Renovation: The project is complete and the park is reopened! The community is celebrating on Saturday, October 8, 3 – 5 pm. Refreshments, grilled hot dogs, potluck, music, balloons, face painting, basketball and good neighbors!
- Sawmill/Wells Park Traffic Study: Presentation materials from the September 20 meeting are available online.
- A Message from the City’s Inspector General: Inspector General David Harper would like to speak to your neighborhood.
- Rail Runner Special Schedule: First two weekends of October.
- Bernalillo County Parks & Open Space Survey: Give your input!
- Behavioral Health Initiative: The Albuquerque Bernalillo County Government Commission (ABCGC) is working to create a comprehensive behavioral health system. The next meeting of the ABCGC is Thursday, October 27 at 5:00 pm in the Vincent Griego Chambers, basement level of City Hall.
- Deep Dive Coding Bootcamp: Prepares students for jobs of the future. Next Session October 2016.
- Boards and Commissions Vacancies: There is a City vacancy on the Albuquerque-Bernalillo County Air Quality Control Board.
Upcoming Events & Meetings
- Pop Up Playground 2016: October 29, 10 am – 2 pm
- Rail Yards Market: Sundays 10 – 2 thru October
- 20th Annual Downtown Growers’ Market: Saturdays 8 – 12 thru November 5
- ABQ365 Events: Year-round events in Albuquerque!
- ABQtodo: More year-round events in Albuquerque!
- Valley Area Command Citizens Policing Council (VACCPC): Every fourth Thursday at 5:45 pm in the Albuquerque Police Academy behind the APD Valley Sub-Station at 5408 2nd Street NW.
City Councilor, District 2