District 2 Newsletter - September 16, 2016
The next City Council meeting is Monday, September 19 at 5:00 pm in the Vincent Griego Chambers, basement level of City Hall: Agenda.
Legislation of Interest
- 25% Solar by 2025, R-16-36 (Davis, Benton) is on the agenda for Monday’s meeting. R-16-36 requires that the Energy Conservation Council (ECC) recommend a new solar energy standard for the City of Albuquerque, establishing a goal of getting 25% or more of the City’s electrical energy from solar by 2025. The City is one of New Mexico's largest energy consumers and should be a leader energy efficiency and environmentally responsibility. This bill was deferred in order for staff to conduct a fiscal impact analysis (FIA).
- AC-16-9 and AC-16-10 Appeals of Declaratory Ruling issued by Code Compliance Manager regarding the Edith Solid Waste Transfer Station: At the last meeting, Council voted to reject the LUHO recommendation and to hold a full hearing on October 17, 2016. Council also directed that the Zoning Enforcement Officer provide a detailed written analysis to Council and the parties by October 7, justifying the original Declaratory Ruling that the transfer station is permissible in M-1.
- Projects List
- Sawmill/Wells Park Traffic Study: Presentation of design options September 20 at 6:30 pm at the Sawmill Lofts
Upcoming Events & Meetings
- Community Forum: Confronting Systemic Injustice September 25 from 1:00 – 2:30 PM
- Pop Up Playground 2016: October 29, 10 am – 2 pm
- Rail Yards Market: Sundays 10 – 2 thru October
- 20th Annual Downtown Growers’ Market: Saturdays 8 – 12 thru November 5
- ABQ365 Events: Year-round events in Albuquerque!
- ABQtodo: More year-round events in Albuquerque!
- Valley Area Command Citizens Policing Council (VACCPC): Meetings are every fourth Thursday at 5:45 pm in the Los Duranes Community Center.
- Behavioral Health Initiative: The Albuquerque Bernalillo County Government Commission (ABCGC) is working to create a comprehensive behavioral health system. The next meeting of the ABCGC is Thursday, September 29 at 5:00 pm in the Vincent Griego Chambers, basement level of City Hall.
- Deep Dive Coding Bootcamp: Prepares students for jobs of the future. Next Session October 2016.
- Boards and Commissions Vacancies: There is a City vacancy on the Albuquerque-Bernalillo County Air Quality Control Board.
City Councilor, District 2