District 2 Newsletter - October 14, 2016
The next City Council meeting is Monday, October 17, at 5:00 pm in the Vincent Griego Chambers, basement level of City Hall: Agenda.
Legislation of Interest
- AC-16-9 and AC-16-10 Appeals of Declaratory Ruling issued by Code Compliance Manager regarding the Edith Solid Waste Transfer Station: A full hearing is scheduled for the Council meeting on Monday.
- Adoption of the Alameda Drain & Trail Master Plan R-16-110 (Benton) will be introduced at Monday’s meeting for referral to the LUPZ committee. The master plan is the product of a joint effort by the City of Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District (MRCGD), and the Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo Flood Control Authority (AMAFCA). It provides a framework for a well-connected, cohesive, aesthetic formal multi-use trail and other amenities along the Alameda Drain corridor that runs from Interstate 40 to the northern end of 2nd Street. The first hearing on this legislation will be at the LUPZ meeting on Wednesday, November 16 in the Council Committee Room, 9th floor of City Hall.
- Rio Grande Boulevard Complete Street Test Project: After several delays, this project is scheduled to be striped by the end of November!
- Sawmill/Wells Park Traffic Study: Presentation materials from the September 20 meeting are available online.
- San Isidro Traffic Calming: The new roadway markings and signage will be installed this month.
- Comp Plan Update and City Integrated Development Ordinance (IDO): Visit the ABC-Z webpage for important dates for both projects.
- A Message from the City’s Inspector General: Inspector General David Harper would like to speak to your neighborhood.
- Bernalillo County Parks & Open Space Survey: Give your input!
- Behavioral Health Initiative: The Thursday, October 27 meeting of the ABCGC has been cancelled. The next meeting of the ABCGC is Thursday, November 17 at 5:00 pm in the Vincent Griego Chambers, basement level of City Hall. The Albuquerque Bernalillo County Government Commission (ABCGC) is working to create a comprehensive behavioral health system.
- Boards and Commissions Vacancies: There is a City vacancy on the Albuquerque-Bernalillo County Air Quality Control Board.
Upcoming Events & Meetings
- ABQ CiQlovia: Walk - Ride - Play - and Socialize in the Streets! October 15, 9 am – 2 pm
- Pop Up Playground 2016: October 29, 10 am – 2 pm
- Rail Yards Market: Sundays 10 – 2 thru October
- 20th Annual Downtown Growers’ Market: Saturdays 8 – 12 thru November 5
- ABQ365 Events: Year-round events in Albuquerque!
- ABQtodo: More year-round events in Albuquerque!
- Valley Area Command Citizens Policing Council (VACCPC): Every fourth Thursday at 5:45 pm in the Albuquerque Police Academy behind the APD Valley Sub-Station at 5408 2nd Street NW.
City Councilor, District 2