District 2 Newsletter - April 15, 2016
The spring season brings the return of several annual and ongoing events, as you can see in the growing events list below. I encourage everyone to enjoy all that District 2 and Albuquerque has to offer!
Legislation of Interest
- There is a City Council meeting next Monday, April 18 at 5:00 pm: Get the agenda here.
Upcoming Events & Meetings
- 20th Annual Downtown Growers’ Market: Opening Day April 16, Saturdays 8 – 12 thru November 5
- Walk, Bike, Ride Multi-Modal Experience: April 22,
- Tenderlove Community Mother’s Day Sale: April 29, 10:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Rail Yards Market: Opening Day May 1, Sundays 10 – 2 thru October
- Barelas Creative Neighborhood Gathering: Hosted by Artful Life, May, 1:30 – 4 pm
- Downtown Neighborhoods Association Mother’s Day Historic Home Tour: Sunday May 8th, 2016, 11:00am – 3:00pm
- Valley Area Command Citizens Policing Council (VACCPC): Meetings are every fourth Thursday at 6:00 pm in the Los Duranes Community Center.
- Cultural Services Events
- Summer Recreation Program Drawing and Registration: Lottery forms available April 11 – 22
- ABC-Z Project: Public Meetings are scheduled in April and May. Get details!
- Urban Enhancement Trust Fund: Informational meetings April 27 and 28 for the June 23 application deadline.
- Laun-Dry Supply Co. Clean Up Update from State Representative Javier Martinez
- Boards and Commissions Vacancies
- Projects List
- 12th & Menaul: Design will be complete this fall, after which phasing will be determined based on available funding.
- Santa Barbara Park Renovation: Construction will begin in May and is expected to be complete by November.
- Highland Park Renovation: This project will bid for construction this spring with construction expected to begin by summer.
- Rio Grande Boulevard Complete Street Test Project: The state funding agreement has been executed and the consultant will be collecting “before” data along the corridor. Striping of the roadway is expected to occur Summer 2016. Based on recently completed analysis, the test project will be extended further south. The new project boundaries are Indian School Road to Griegos Road.
- Rio Grande Boulevard Complete Street Concept Plan (south of I-40): We continue to welcome input on this project. You may download the presentation from the March 10 public meeting at the project website.
City Councilor, District 2