District 2 Newsletter 5/1/15
Legislation of Interest
- Bikeways and Trails Plan R-14-142 (Benton, by request) will be on the agenda again for the Monday, May 4 City Council meeting at 5:00 pm in the Vincent Griego Chambers, basement level of City Hall.
- O-15-47 (Gibson, Peña, Winter) on Monday’s agenda establishes a gender pay equity preference for competitive bids or requests for proposals for city contracts.
- Sawmill Wells Park Area Traffic Plan R-14-86 will be on the agenda for adoption at the May 4 Council meeting.
- Secondary Dwelling Units O-14-20 (Benton) was deferred to the May 18 Council meeting. O-14-20 amends the Zoning Code to add a definition and regulations for secondary dwelling units. The proposed amendment would make secondary dwelling units a conditional use in the R-1 and RO-1 zones and a permissive use in the R-G and R-2 zones. It also establishes design, size, parking, and occupancy regulations for secondary dwelling units.
Upcoming Events & Meetings
- Cultural Services Events: May 2015
- Social Determinants of Healthy Aging series: May 5, 4:30- 6:30 PM at UNM Domenici Center West, Room 2112
- ABC-Z Project: Comprehensive Plan update workshops are planned for May and June of 2015.
- ABC-Z Project: Online Survey to better understand values and priorities of citizens.
- The 2014 Albuquerque Progress Report is now available online. This report is produced by the Indicators Progress Commission to communicate to leaders and residents the progress our community is making toward realizing the City of Albuquerque's Goals.
- Boards and Commissions Vacancies: There are several vacancies – get involved!
- Albuquerque Rapid Transit (ART): Stay informed here!
- Projects List
- South Broadway Park and Guadalupe Park Improvements: Construction this summer!
- Downtown Neighborhoods Area traffic calming Improvements: I’m looking for input on projects that the neighborhood would like to see prioritized for implementation.
- Sawmill Wells Park Area Traffic Plan will be on the agenda for adoption at the Monday, May 4 Council meeting.
- Neighborhood Traffic Management Program (NTMP): The Department of Municipal Development is currently building a website for the updated Neighborhood Traffic Management Program (NTMP) and will begin taking applications.
City Councilor, District 2