District 2 Newsletter 12/21/15
I hope you are enjoying a happy and peaceful holiday season!
Legislation of Interest
- O-15-66 authorizes the sale of $24 million in Gross Receipts Tax/Lodgers’ Tax Improvement Revenue Bonds for several projects downtown. This bill is on the agenda for the Monday, December 21 City Council meeting. Projects include improvements to the Convention Center and Civic Plaza as well as a parking structure related to the Metropolitan Redevelopment Agency mixed-use project at Central Ave. and 1st St.
Upcoming Events & Meetings
- Bosque Trail Phase II Public Meeting: Jan. 7 at 5:30 pm
- Cultural Services Events
- El Camino Real Metropolitan Redevelopment Area: The Metropolitan Redevelopment Agency will hold a second public meeting on the proposed boundaries in January. Details to come!
- Projects List
- North 4th Street / Candelaria to Menaul: This project focuses on the crossing at the Alameda Drain.
- Rio Grande Blvd / I-40 to Central: Check out the new webpage!
- Rio Grande & Candelaria Roundabout: Due to delays in the federal right-of-way process, the bid for construction on the Rio Grande Boulevard and Candelaria Road roundabout is expected to go out in January 2016 with construction beginning in spring 2016.
- Rio Grande Blvd Complete Street Test Project: Due to delays in the state funding agreement, the re-striping of the roadway has been delayed until early 2016.
- Albuquerque Rapid Transit (ART): The City has applied for the federal Small Starts grant, which would fund approximately $80 million of the estimated $100 million project. Stay informed and involved!
- Boards and Commissions Vacancies
City Councilor, District 2