District 2 Newsletter 1/30/2015
Legislation of Interest
- The updated Neighborhood Traffic Management Program (NTMP) R-14-99 (Benton, by request) will be on the agenda for the City Council meeting on Monday, February 2 at 5:00 pm in the Vincent Griego Chambers in the basement of City Hall. The manual will be used by the Traffic Engineering Division of the Department of Municipal Development to address speeding, cut-through traffic and other issues on residential streets.
- Downtown Walkability R-15-152 (Benton) adopting recommendations of Jeff Speck’s September 2014 Downtown Walkability Analysis as a City policy for prioritizing multi-modal improvements in the downtown area will have a first hearing at the Land Use Planning & Zoning (LUPZ) Committee on Wednesday, February 11 at 5:00 pm in the Council Committee Room, 9th floor of City Hall.
- R-14-142 Bikeways and Trails Plan (Benton, by request) will have another hearing at LUPZ on Wednesday, February 11 at 5:00 pm in the Council Committee Room, 9th floor of City Hall.
- O-14-20 Secondary Dwelling Units (Benton) is scheduled for a hearing at LUPZ on Wednesday, February 11 at 5:00 pm in the Council Committee Room, 9th floor of City Hall. O-14-20 amends the Zoning Code to add a definition and regulations for secondary dwelling units. The proposed amendment would make secondary dwelling units a conditional use in the R-1 and RO-1 zones and a permissive use in the R-G and R-2 zones. It also establishes design, size, parking, and occupancy regulations for secondary dwelling units.
- Complete Streets Ordinance O-14-27 (Benton) was passed unanimously at the January 21 meeting. Urge the Mayor to sign it!
- Small Loan Business Regulations O-14-22 (Benton) was also adopted by an unanimous vote at the last Council meeting. As adopted, the ordinance requires a minimum separation distance of one mile between small loan businesses and also requires annual registration.
- Projects List
- Herman Sanchez Community Center Playground is Complete!
- Huning Highland Historic District Street Tree Project Learn more about this exciting community-driven project.
- Jeff Speck’s Downtown Walkability Study Legislation adopting the recommendations will be heard at LUPZ on February 11 at 5:00 pm.
- Rio Grande & Candelaria Website with updated information and anticipated schedule!
- Rio Grande Boulevard Complete Street Test Project This project will be striped in fall 2015.
- Sawmill Wells Park Area Traffic Plan The EPC recommended approval of this plan, which will be scheduled for a hearing at the Land Use Planning & Zoning Committee (LUPZ) Wednesday, March 11.
Upcoming Events & Meetings
- Free Downtown Walking Tours: Every Saturday from 10-11:30 am. More information: www.albuqhistsoc.org.
- Comprehensive Plan Update & Unified Development Ordinance (UDO): Kick-off events/public meetings February 4-6.
- Complete Street Day @ State Legislature: Feb 11, 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Women of the World Poetry Slam: March 18-21, 2015
City Councilor, District 2
Please send an email to [email protected] with “subscribe” or “unsubscribe” in the subject-line if you would like to be added to or removed from this newsletter list.