District 2 Newsletter 1/16/2015
Legislation of Interest
- The proposed Complete Streets Ordinance O-14-27 (Benton) will be heard by City Council at the Wednesday, January 21 meeting, which begins at 5:00 pm in the Vincent Griego Chambers in the basement of City Hall.
- O-14-22 (Benton) amending the Zoning Code to regulate small loan businesses received a recommendation of “Do Pass” and immediate action at the Land Use Planning & Zoning Committee meeting this week, and will be placed on the agenda for action at the City Council meeting next Wednesday, January 21. This bill requires separation of a minimum of 1,500 ft. between small loan businesses.
- R-15-152 (Benton) adopting recommendations of Jeff Speck’s September 2014 Downtown Walkability Analysis as a City policy for prioritizing multi-modal improvements in the downtown area was introduced and referred to the Land Use Planning & Zoning (LUPZ) Committee for a hearing on Wednesday, February 11 at 5:00 pm in the Council Committee Room, 9th floor of City Hall.
- R-14-142 Bikeways and Trails Plan (Benton, by request) will have another hearing at LUPZ on Wednesday, February 11 at 5:00 pm in the Council Committee Room, 9th floor of City Hall.
- LUPZ recommended “Do Pass” on R-14-99 (Benton, by request) Neighborhood Traffic Management Program (NTMP). This item will be on the agenda for the City Council meeting on Monday, February 2.
- Projects List
- Sawmill Wells Park Area Traffic Plan: The EPC recommended approval of this plan, which will be scheduled for a hearing at the Land Use Planning & Zoning Committee (LUPZ) Wednesday, March 11.
- Herman Sanchez Community Center Playground is Complete!
- Rio Grande & Candelaria website and updates coming at the end of the month!
Upcoming Events & Meetings
- Cultural Services Calendar: January 2014
- Free Downtown Walking Tours: Every Saturday from 10-11:30 am; more information: www.albuqhistsoc.org
- MLK Day – Pursuing the Dream: January 19, 2015 1:00-3:00
- Public Meeting on Proposed Solid Waste Transfer Station at Edith and Comanche: January 20, 2015 5:30-8:00 pm
- Fire Rescue 2 is in now service!
- Water Blues Green Solutions: Final airing on KNME January 25 at 9:00 pm.
City Councilor, District 2
Please send an email to [email protected] with “subscribe” or “unsubscribe” in the subject-line if you would like to be added to or removed from this newsletter list.