Councilor Sanchez has advocated for important legislation in his time on the Council, collaborating with his fellow councilors to pass resolutions that positively affect District
- Co-Sponsored legislation during the extraordinarily dry month of June to protect Albuquerque from Fires ()
- Co-Sponsored legislation modifying sign requirements aimed at new subdivisions commonly built on the West Side ()
- Sponsored legislation to build and furnish Fire Station 7 ()
- Sponsored legislation requiring business to tell customers when a fee is charged for payment by Credit Card instead of Cash ()
- Sponsored a resolution to reduce truck traffic problems disturbing the neighborhoods along Ventura Avenue ()
- Sponsored a resolution requiring the City to honor free pool passes at city swimming pools ()
- Sponsored a resolution honoring Joe Armijo by officially naming the Los Volcanes Senior Center after him ()
- Sponsored a resolution that established and provided $450,000 for road improvements along Gunnison NW ()
- Sponsored a resolution that established and provided $250,000 for road improvements at 98th and Benavidez ()
- Co-sponsored legislation that reduced fines for running red lights (O-07-74).
- Co-sponsored a ban on use of hand-held phones while driving (O-06-57).
- Co-sponsored resolution that diverted $1.8 million for off-site improvements at Unser Crossing (R-08-96).
- Sponsored legislation that formed the High School Dropout Prevention Program through an agreement with the County (R-06-128).