Albuquerque City Councilor Dan Lewis, working with Michael Riordan, Director of Municipal Development, today announced that stop signs will be reinstalled at Ventana Road and Universe Boulevard.
"The Stop Signs Will be Reinstalled"
"I have discussed the issue with Michael Riordan, the Director of the City of Albuquerque’s Department of Municipal Development (DMD), and we agree that the stop signs will be reinstalled until the new traffic signal at Irving and Universe is in place. DMD will reinstall the signs to their previous configuration by the end of the month." Said Councilor Lewis in his letter to the Ventana Ranch Neighborhood Association.
Future Improvements to the Area
- A fully signalized intersection at Irving Boulevard and Universe Boulevard
- Installed within the next 12-18 months.
- Once installed:
- It will slow the flow of traffic along Universe Boulevard
- it will be timed to create gaps in the traffic flow to allow for the proper amount of time for safe turns in both the northbound or southbound directions onto Universe Boulevard.
- At that point, the stop signs on Universe Boulevard at Ventana Road will be removed to allow for the smooth flow of traffic.
Of course we will notify you well in advance of the installation of the traffic signal and of any changes to the 4-way stop configuration at Universe Boulevard and Ventana Road.
Albuquerque City Councilor Dan Lewis: 615-6507