Improvements for Highland Park.
As of 6/30/2014
- Public Meeting: August 7, 5:30-7:00 PM @ Special Collections Library, 423 Central Ave NE.
- The Parks Department is making some minor revisions to the Master Plan and is working with the State Historic Preservation Office and the City’s Landmarks and Urban Conservation Commission to ensure the design is in keeping with guidelines and requirements for historic preservation.
What is this Project About?
|Aug 7, 2014||
Public meeting to review the play area renovation scope. This work includes renovating the existing circular play area, and building a new play area along Silver Avenue.
|Final Master Plan Conceptual Rendering|
|May 10, 2011||Public meeting to present conceptual plan||Master Plan Conceptual Rendering|
|Feb. 6, 2011||
Public meeting to:
The project can be phased to allow funding and construction in smaller increments. The five proposed phases are:
- Phase 1 - New Children’s Play Area
- Phase 2 - Ridge (hill top), Access Walks, Furnishings, Irrigation Improvements
- Phase 3 - Improvements – Access Road, Renovate Retaining Walls, Plantings
- Phase 4 - Renovation of Existing Play Area
- Phase 5 - Terrace Plaza Area
After meeting with Parks & Recreation staff and representatives of the Huning Highland Historic District Neighborhood Association to assess the park’s needs and the neighborhood’s specific requests for improvements, a Master Plan process was initiated. Councilor Benton funded the planning process with District 3 set-aside funds.
5/30/2014: City Council included $400,000 in the 2013 GO Bond program for design and construction of the first two phases of the renovation.