District 2's Bimonthly Newsletter.
Legislation of Interest
- Agenda for upcoming council meeting: June 16, 2014
- NOTE: There are no regularly scheduled Council meetings in July.
- At the last meeting, Council passed M-14-5 (Winter, Benton) calling for the City, State, and Bernalillo County to form a task force to discuss joint funding and collaboration opportunities and propose recommendations to address mental health issues. A bipartisan group of elected officials from each of the three governmental entities have been meeting to establish a Work Group and a Task Force.
- A follow up bill to M-14-5 will be introduced for immediate action at the meeting on Monday, June 16. R-14-73 (Benton, Winter) authorizes the Mayor to enter into an intergovernmental agreement with Bernalillo County for the purpose of implementing a housing assistance program for persons with mental illness being released from the metropolitan detention center. It also designates $200,000 for a pilot project.
- Also on Monday’s agenda, is a resolution adopting the Rail Yards Master Development Plan and accompanying Site Development Plan for Subdivision. R-14-23 (Benton, by request) provides policy framework and regulations to guide the redevelopment of the Rail Yards Site.
- Projects List Thanks for your patience as we continue to update the website with all of your projects!
- Santa Barbara Martineztown Public Meeting: June 24, 6:00 PM
- Santa Barbara Park Renovation
- Santa Barbara Martineztown Park Walking Path
- Neighborhood Pedestrian Improvements
- Downtown Neighborhoods Area Traffic Study – The draft report and the presentation from the June 5 meeting are available online. Public comment will be taken through June 20.
- Rail Yards Master Plan – Final action on the plan is on the June 16 Council agenda.
Upcoming Events & Meetings
- Shakespeare on the Plaza this summer starting June 19
- Rail Yards Market: Sundays 9 AM -3 PM through November 2, 2014
- Cultural Services Calendar & 516 Arts Calendar: June 2014
- NDI Tap Dance Jam: July 12, 7:30 PM
- The Sound Of Music at Rodey Theatre: Benefit for Explora’s Working together to build a village exhibit with the Rotary Club of Albuquerque July 24 at 8:00 pm
- SAVE THE DATE: Jeff Speck will return to present his downtown walkability study Wednesday, July 30 at 6:00 pm. Details to follow!
City of Albuquerque Public Art Urban Enhancement Program Newsletter
Community Policing Council
City Councilor, District 2