Welcome to the Albuquerque City Council
The City Council is the legislative authority of the city. It has the power to adopt all ordinances, resolutions, or other legislation conducive to the welfare of the people of the city.
The Council is made up of nine members, elected on staggered terms, with four or five districted Councilors elected every two years.
Current Projects & Studies
Catch up on current projects initiated by the City Council.
- Police Oversight Task Force
- Paseo del Norte and I-25 Interchange Improvements
- Albuquerque Rail Yards Redevelopment
- East Central Sector Plan
- Rio Grande Boulevard Corridor Plan - Update
- Rio Grande Candelaria Roundabout (includes 8/1/13 Reassessment Study)
- Paseo del Volcan
- Girard Blvd Master Plan
- Central Ave. 1st to Girard Plan
- South Yale Blvd Plan
Ladera Golf Course is home to the To'Hajiilee Summer Junior Golf Program,
Fall and Spring Swim lessons are offered at West Mesa Aquatic Center and Sandia Pool. Classes are divided by age and skill level.
Read more about Tennis Lessons through the City's Parks and Recreation Department.