Information about the Albuquerque City Council.
Welcome to the Albuquerque City Council
The City Council is the legislative authority of the city. It has the power to adopt all ordinances, resolutions, or other legislation conducive to the welfare of the people of the city.
The Council is made up of nine members, elected on staggered terms, with four or five districted Councilors elected every two years.
Current Projects & Studies
Catch up on current projects initiated by the City Council.
- Police Oversight Task Force
- Impact Fee Amendments
- 2010-2020 Redistricting Process
- Paseo del Norte and I-25 Interchange Improvements
- Albuquerque Rail Yards Redevelopment
- East Central Sector Plan
- Rio Grande Boulevard Corridor Plan - Update
- Rio Grande Candelaria Roundabout (includes 8/1/13 Reassessment Study)
- Paseo del Volcan
- Girard Blvd Master Plan
- Central Ave. 1st to Girard Plan
- South Yale Blvd Plan
Upcoming dates and locations for Coffee with Councilor Lewis. Please join us!