Prevent ground-level ozone.
- Help electric utilities reduce ozone air pollution by conserving energy at home and the office.
- Consider setting your thermostat a little higher in the summer.
- Participate in the utilities' load-sharing and energy conservation programs.
- Use household and garden chemicals wisely.
- Use low VOC paints and solvents. And be sure to read labels for proper use and disposal.
Mulch or compost leaves and yard waste.
- EPA: Give an Inch, Save a Yard: Grasscycling and Mulching
- Green Landscaping with Native Plants
- Your Yard and Clean Air (PDF)
Get more ideas from airnow.gov.