File a Complaint
Exhaust from Smoking Vehicles in Route (Gasoline or Diesel)
Report a Smoking Vehicle or call (505) 764-1110
Smoking vehicles in Albuquerque can also be cited by the Albuquerque Police Department, the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Office, or the New Mexico State Police if the officer personally and contemporaneously observes a violation.
The following issues are not handled by the Air Quality Program. This is a list of people to contact for your most common concerns. Please contact the agency listed below.
(Heavy Equipment, Diesel Buses, Trucks, etc.)
Idling of Private Vehicles in Neighborhoods
The City of Albuquerque Legal Department offers community mediation services free of charge to community members who wish to improve their relationship with their neighbors on issues like animals, cars, boundaries and property upkeep. This program makes the most sense where two neighbors have a dispute between themselves but there is not a law that requires a specific resolution. This is a voluntary program.
To learn more:
Idling of Unattended Delivery Vehicles
8-5-1-41 Prohibiting unattended delivery vehicles from being left idling.
No delivery vehicle with a G.V.W. rating of less than 22,000 pounds which is left unattended by its driver during pickup or delivery, whether on public right-of-way or private property, shall be left with the motor running.
Contact the Albuquerque Police Department - (505) 242-COPS (2677)
- Water Authority - For 24-hour Dispatch, call (505) 857-8250
Natural Gas and Carbon Monoxide Concerns
- Natural Gas Company of NM - 888-664-2726
- In City - Animal Services Division - (505) 768-1975
- In County - Report a dead or sick animal - (505) 314-0280
- In Los Ranchos De Albuquerque - (505) 344-6582 or for after-hours emergency calls (505) 345-9148
- For Chemical or Methamphetamine (Meth) Lab Smell, call 911
For outdoor odor and other concerns outside Albuquerque or Bernalillo County, please contact:
- New Mexico Air Quality Bureau - (800) 224-7009 (Santa Fe Office)
- New Mexico Department of Health - (505) 841-4100 (Albuquerque Office)
- NM Environment Department - (505) 222-9500 (Albuquerque Office)
Who to Contact for Indoor Air Issues
Questions about Radon?
Please contact the New Mexico Environment Department: (800) 324-5928
- Visit the Dr. Home Air website, or
- Call (800) 324-5928
- Detecting mold in your house
- EPA information on Indoor Air Quality
- For a list of Indoor Air Quality service providers consult your local telephone listing.
Many of your questions can be addressed by the links above for private residences. Additional questions can be answered by the following organizations:
- For a City Building - See City of Albuquerque Risk Management - (505) 768-3080
- For a Private Building - See NM Occupational Safety & Health Bureau - (505) 827-4230
- APS - Environmental Management Department - (505) 765-5950
- UNM - Report an Accident or Hazard
- Employee/Occupational Health Service - (505) 272-8043
- Physical Plant Department - (505) 277-6467
- CNM - Risk Management and Safety - (505) 224-4657
- Tribal - All Indian Pueblo Council - (505) 881-1992
- Tools for Schools