Who do I call about a smell or other air issues?
NOTE: The following issues are NOT handled by the Air Quality Division. This is a list of people to contact for your most common concerns.
Please contact the agency listed below.
(Heavy Equipment, Diesel Buses, Trucks, etc.)
- On the Public Rights-of-Way – Report a Smoking Vehicle or Contact Albuquerque Police Department – 242-COPS(2677)
- On Private Property – Contact 311 – 505-768-2000
- Water Authority – For 24-hour Dispatch, call (505) 857-8250
Natural Gas and Carbon Monoxide Concerns
- Natural Gas Company of NM – 888-664-2726
- In City – Animal Services Division – (505) 768-1975
- In County – Report a dead or sick animal – (505) 314-0280
- In Los Ranchos De Albuquerque - (505) 344-6582 or for after-hours emergency calls (505) 345-9148
- For Chemical or Methamphetamine (Meth) Lab Smell, call 911
For outdoor odor and other concerns outside Albuquerque or Bernalillo County, please contact:
- New Mexico Air Quality Bureau - 1-800-224-7009 (Santa Fe Office)
- New Mexico Department of Health – (505) 841-4100 (Albuquerque Office) – 1-800-825-6639 (State Switch Board)
- NM Environment Department – (505) 222-9500 (Albuquerque Office) – 1-800-825-6639 (State Switch Board)
Who to Contact for Indoor Air Issues
Questions about Radon?
Please contact the New Mexico Environment Department at 1-800-324-5928
Go to http://www.drhomeair.com and access the New Mexico section.
Or call 1-800-324-5928 and following the instructions for “The State of New Mexico Radon Test Kit Program” option.
- Detecting mold in your house
- EPA information on Indoor Air Quality
- For a list of Indoor Air Quality service providers consult your local telephone listing.
Many of your questions can be addressed by the links above for private residences. Additional questions can be answered by the following organizations:
- Landlord/Tenant Hotline: 664 Alta Vista Street Santa Fe, NM 87505 (505) 998-4529
- For City of Albuquerque Housing – See Housing Code Enforcement – (505) 924-3450
- For Bernalillo County Community Services, Housing Division– See BC Community Services – (505) 764-3920
- For a City Building – See City of Albuquerque Risk Management – (505) 768-3080
- For a Private Building – See NM Occupational Safety & Health Bureau – (505) 827-4230
- APS – Environmental Management Department – (505) 765-5950
- UNM – Report an Accident or Hazard
- Employee/Occupational Health Service – (505) 272-8043
- Physical Plant Department - (505) 277-6467
- CNM – Risk Management and Safety – (505) 224-4657
- Tribal – All Indian Pueblo Council – (505) 881-1992
- Tools for Schools – Matthew Baca, UNM Center for Regional Studies – (505) 730-1692