The Sunport “Terminal Optimization” project is in full swing and we are at the stage where passengers will begin noticing some of the major changes that are in store. We have made infrastructure improvements, remodeled several restrooms and enlarged passenger waiting areas. The following is a list of current and upcoming projects and timelines. Check back often for updates.
May 5, 2011 Update
Paving was delayed and will commence today. Here is the revised schedule.
May 2, 2011 Update
The final phase of the Sunport Boulevard repaving project is scheduled to begin Tuesday, May 3 and continue for five days, through Saturday, May 7. This phase will be the application of the top coat, which the contractor was unable to apply in the fall because of the cold temperatures. Disruption and delays should be very minor. Access ramps to and from University and from Yale will be closed for short periods of time. They will not all be closed at once and we do not anticipate each being closed longer than a few hours at a time. There will be signage redirecting traffic to the terminal from Yale, via University/Randolph. Currently ramp closures are scheduled for 5/4 and 5/5.
March 2, 2011 Update
- Food Court is now open.
February 16, 2011 Update
- The restrooms near gate B5 are now closed for renovations and are expected to reopen in June. Alternatives are the newly-renovated restrooms across from gate B1.
- The date the new food court is expected to open is March 1.
- Opening of the "A" Concourse extension, which includes gates A12 and A14 is scheduled for late March.
January 10, 2011 Update
- Replacement of all four escalators between the ticketing and bag claim levels has begun. There will be one up and one down escalator open at all times and the project is expected to be completed by June 2011.
- The pre-security Black Mesa Coffee Co. location has begun renovations. A temporary kiosk in the same location has been set up to provide a great selection of food and beverages. Renovations are expected to be completed in June.
- The current food court location will be closing at the end of January. The new food court, just across from the old one, will open in mid-February. During the transition, temporary food locations will be set up to provide a limited number of menu items.
- Along with the closure of the current food court in January, the observation deck will also be closed for a period of approximately six months.
- We anticipate our new sit-down restaurant, which will occupy the current food court location, to be open in early fall.
- The new pre-security sit-down restaurant, Los Cuates, is under construction and we anticipate a late-spring opening.