Answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
- What Carry-On Items Can I Bring through the Airport Passenger Security Checkpoint?
- How Can I File a Noise Complaint about Aircraft?
- Does the Sunport Ever Close?
- How Can I Escort My Child to the Boarding Gate?
- Who Do I Call for the Lost-and-Found at the Airport?
- Where Do I Get Flight Information?
- How Can I Apply for a Job at the Airport?
- Can I Fax Something while I'm at the Airport?
- What Shuttles Run between the Airport and Santa Fe?
- When Does the Airport Advisory Board Meet?
- Can I Page a Passenger at the Airport?
- Where Do I Report Debris at or near the Airport?
- Does the Airport Close for Bad Weather?
- Who Cleans Snow and Ice at and near the Airport?
- Can We Hold Meetings or Receptions at the Old Airport?
- How Can I Get My Luggage out of the Baggage Service Office?
- Can I Get Help at the Sunport If My Car Will Not Start?
- Who Can I Call to Get a Wheelchair at Curbside?
Passengers are allowed one suitcase / carry-on and one personal items such as a purse, laptop, backpack, etc.
Contact the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) at 1-866-289-9673 or visit their website regarding items to be taken across the Security Checkpoint.
There are two ways to file an aircraft noise complaint:
- Call the Noise Hotline of the Noise Office at 505-842-2007. This Hotline will prompts and record your complaint, including the time and place of the occurrence.
- Call the Noise Office directly at 505-244-7717.
The facility is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Only safety or operational circumstances could cause public access to the airport to be restricted.
Policies regarding escorting children past the security checkpoint to the gate area vary from airline to airline. Contact the airline your child is traveling regarding their policy.
For items lost or left at the security checkpoint, contact the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) at 505-246-4100. TSA hours: M-F 7:30am - 4:00pm
For items lost or left within or around the Sunport terminal, contact the Aviation Department Communications Center at 505-244-7706. Aviation Communications Center hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Or contact the airline directly. Have the following information ready:
- Name of the airline.
- Flight number.
- Origination city / destination city.
- Departure time and arrival time.
You can apply for a job at Albuquerque's International Sunport in these three areas:
- City Department of Aviation:
For job opportunities with the Department of Aviation, visit the website of the City's Human Resources Department. Or go to the Human Resources Department, 400 Marquette NW, 7th Floor East, Room 703.
For job opportunities with airlines, directly contact the respective airline serving Sunport.
- Retail Shops and Restaurants:
For job opportunities at retail shops and restaurants, directly contact the respective shop or restaurant.
The Airport does not have a business center in the terminal. You may check with the airline you are traveling for assistance.
There are five shuttle companies that provide service between the Sunport and Santa Fe. Contact them directly for departure times and fees.
The first Thursday of every month at 9:00am at the Aviation Department executive conference room. (Some meetings are cancelled.) Call 505-244-7700 to confirm.
Yes. Contact the Aviation Communication Center at 505-244-7706.
Contact the Aviation Communication Center at 505-244-7706 and let them know the location of the problem and what needs to be removed. They will work with the Aviation Airfield Division, which is responsible for clean-up and removal.
No. The airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, bad weather can cause flight delays and cancellations. Contact the airline with whom you are traveling.
The Aviation Airfield Division. Contact the Aviation Communication Center at 505-244-7706 and let them know the location of the problem.
No. The Old Airport is not available for rent or lease to the public. Gardunos (The Delaware North Company) located on the 3rd level of the terminal is available for meetings, receptions, weddings, and other public events. For more information, contact Gardunos (The Delaware North Company) at 505-842-4079.
Please contact the airline you are traveling for their baggage service office hours.
Yes. You can contact the Parking office at 244-7884 or the main number at the Sunport at 244-7700 for assistance. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There will be a Sunport truck to assist you.
When you get to the departure level at the Sunport, ask a Skycap for assistance.