Volunteer needs and events help for MADD.
Lora Lee Ortiz
Mothers Against Drunk Driving
505-255-2955 Ext 108
Volunteer Opportunities with MADD
• Walk Like MADD- Awareness event/fundraiser being held on Sunday, April 15, 2012 at UNM campus – Johnson field. We can use people to help set up, help with walk route, and tear down that day. Times from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• 2-4 hours a day the week of April 9-13 to help prepare for Walk Like MADD event.
• Law Enforcement DWI checkpoints – varies, usually late nights 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
• Every Monday morning from 9 a.m. to 12 noon – clerical/receptionist help
• Flexible time frames between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. – about 3 hours a week to deliver information to businesses and schools.
• Evenings – 1 to 2 hours - 1 to 2 times a month – conduct Power of Parents 30 minute workshops. Volunteer would need to be trained on Power of Parents It’s Your Influence program.
• SidNe – 2-4 hours 1 time a month - Simulated driving experience cart – set up and conduct trainings for high schools and other events related to underage drinking prevention and impaired driving.
• Other clerical help during working hours 8:30-4:30 weekdays. Any amount and times welcome as long as schedule is coordinated with Senior Administrator.