Various Volunteer Opportunities to Help Maintain Residential Center.
The Barrett Foundation is an organization that serves women and children experiencing homelessness. The Barrett Foundation is looking for volunteers to fill the following opportunities immediately:
- Child Oversight Volunteer: Monday's, Wednesday's, Friday's from 9:30-10:30am and once a month on a Friday from 9:30-11:30am.
- Yard Maintenance Volunteer: 2-4 hours a week to pick up paper trash, trip bushes and other related tasks.
- Telephone Answering Volunteers: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 8am-10am.
- Painting Volunteers: Paint 3 resident rooms. This could also be a team project of 3-4 people. Volunteer should be available from 9am to about noon!
- Library Volunteer: Help Organize Library, set up system so books can be sorted correctly.
- The Attic Thrift Store Volunteers: 25 volunteers needed, five per day, Tuesdays-Saturdays for 2-5 hours per day. Tasks at the Donation Center involve sorting and organizing donated materials, such as clothing, and miscellaneous housewares, toys, etc. Tasks on the store side involve organizing and displaying items for sale, tending to customers and related tasks.
(505) 246-9244 ext. 108