DiaperBank of New Mexico Collects Diapers for children and adults.
Susan is looking for community members, organizations, neighborhood associations, clubs, or anybody else interested in hosting a DiaperBank Drive to help reach the DiaperBank's goal of collecting 100,000 individual children and adult diapers that are being distributed to those in need by any of the 20+ social service agencies partnered with the DiaperBank of NM.
SOME FACTS ABOUT DIAPER NEED
• 1 in 3 families in America struggle to afford diapers for their children.
• 34% of families surveyed had cut back on basics such as food, utilities or child care
in order to purchase diapers for their child.
• Public assistance is limited. Food assistance programs such as food stamps and WIC focus solely on food and nutrition and therefore do not cover diapers. Low income families and elderly depend upon diaper banks for their supplies.
• 25% of diapers collected and distributed by the other diaper banks are for seniors and adults with disabilities having incontinence needs.
• According to the National Association for Continence “More than half of all residents in
nursing homes are incontinent and it is the second leading cause of institutionalization.”
To learn more about the initiative, please vistit, http://diaperbankofnm.weebly.com/about-us.html
If you are interested in hosting a Diaper Drive please contact Susan Dooreck!
DiaperBank of New Mexico