*Teach citizens about the City of Albuquerque's Animal Welfare Department.
- Serve as a shelter tour guide for groups or individuals.
- Provide off-site educational booths to inform the public about the shelter and the services we provide.
- Provide educational talks to schools and other organizations.
- Must be 18 years of age (16 years of age with consent of guardian) and have no history of animal or domestic abuse.
- Ability to communicate with the public, public speaking.
Days / Hours
Hours and days vary.
Time commitment varies.
Training Provided / Required
Two-hour volunteer orientation and two-hour animal handling class. Mentoring will be provided.
Vary with events.