Aging & Long Term Service Consumer & Elderly Rights Division.
Josie Samudio (505) 764-1616 [email protected]
- Receive and track inquiries by phone or in person
- Provide information and assistance to beneficiaries
- Distribute printed materials upon request
- Initiate follow-ups to ensure services were accessed
- Give presentations to groups (optional)
- Staff exhibit booths and health fairs and conferences
- Keep information obtained about beneficiaries confidential
- Provide counseling about Medicare, Medicare/Medicaid fraud, managed care organization, social security benefits
- Medicaid research and investigate Medicare inquiries
- General office support
- Volunteers must have the ability to advocate in a professional and diplomatic manner
- Must be open minded and non-judgmental, sensitive to the elderly and disabled
Any days and hours available, weekends a plus. One year commitment required. Training will be provided.