Atrisco Heritage Foundation in Conjunction with the Mayor's Office
AmeriCorps VISTA is a national service program designed to fight poverty. The Running Start for Careers program (RSFC), created by the mayor, is an innovative new program that focuses on developing skills and creating opportunities that help high school students graduate and transition directly into a career path. Through internships, apprenticeships, and trainings, the program provides real-world, hands on experience. VISTA members will be placed at various high schools throughout the city of Albuquerque. VISTAs will help build the capacity of the RSFC program by primarily helping to develop a network of industry partners who can provide internship and apprenticeship opportunities.
VISTA Benefits include:
- $945 Monthly living allowance
- Either a $5,645 Education Award or
- $1,500 Cash Stipend upon completion of service
- Health care coverage
- Child care benefits, if eligible
- Federal student loan forbearance
- Invaluable communication and networking skills
- Leadership and responsibility
- Great for strengthening resumes
- Post service federal employment incentives and opportunities
For more information click here.