Admission/ Intake Assistant
- Assist staff with admitting animals to the shelter.
- Collect as much information about the animal as possible in order to assist with proper placement.
- Provide owner information and options to encourage keeping pet rather than surrender to the shelter.
- Must be 18 years of age (16 years of age with consent of guardian) and have no history of animal or domestic abuse.
- Basic breed identification, knowledge of animal behavior, and an ability to maintain control of animals.
- Volunteer must be able to communicate with the public.
Days / Hours
Shifts available Tuesday through Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Minimum eight hours per month.
Training Provided / Required
Two-hour volunteer orientation and two-hour animal handling class. Mentoring will be provided.
- Eastside shelter - 8920 Lomas Blvd NE
- Westside shelter - 11800 Sunset Gardens SW
- Lucky Paws - Coronado Mall