Albuquerque Has Talent!
Albuquerque Has Talent! Saturday, July 16th from 6 – 9 p.m. Performers of all types will have the opportunity to prove they have the “right stuff” to be in the lineup of talented individuals who will display their abilities in categories like vocals, rapping, comedy, poetry and more.
The event is open to 40 contestants who must audition on Friday, July 15th from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at South Broadway Cultural Center. Performances are not to exceed 90 seconds.
Attendance for the performance is $1.00 or a canned good for the Storehouse, and the public is encouraged to attend and cheer on these talented performers.
Auditions to be held on July 15 at 6:30 PM
Albuquerque Has Talent - Open Mic Night Rules
• All performances must be “OPEN MIC” i.e. Singing, Rapping, Poetry, Comedy, etc.
• All performances will be judged on, Creativity, Originality, Performance and Skill.
• Judges selections are final.
• Must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the Open Mic segment (NOT 15 minutes prior to performance time). Anyone late without prior notification will lose their spot to anyone wishing to sign-up during the night of Open Mic.
• Must have all equipment on hand at check-in.
• Auditions time: Not to exceed 90 seconds.
• Performance time: Not to exceed 3 minutes.
• Free expression is encouraged. But please remain mindful that South Broadway Cultural Center is a “Family Friendly Environment”.
• Please avoid ALL forms of vulgarity in language, gestures, and actions.
• Absolutely NO profound endorsement of violence, racism, sexism, etc.
• Please remain respectful to our guests by avoiding crude and rude comments or gestures toward members of the audience.
• Artists MUST be adequately clothed. NO indecent exposure, please.
• Do NOT plug or unplug any equipment without prior approval from that South Broadway Cultural Center Staff
• ALL CANCELLATIONS TO BE MADE by noon July 16, 2011
• Contestants must go through audition selection on July 15 in order to be selected to perform on July 16. No exceptions.
• Open for up to 40 Contestants