How to Use Twitter from a Smartphone
Using Twitter to contact the City of Albuquerque's 311 service from a BlackBerry or iPhone is easy!
Using Your iPhone
- If you don't yet have a Twitter account, point your iPhone web browser to www.twitter.com and register for one.
- Now download the Twitter application onto your iPhone by visiting the iTunes store. Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Once your Twitter application is set up, log in to your account by entering your new Twitter username and password.
- Now follow us. Why?
- Use your Twitter application to visit the City's twitter account at twitter.com/cabq and select Follow, or
- Send an Update with the this text: follow cabq
- Wait until you receive notice that CABQ is following you. Once you get the message that CABQ is following you, you will be able to send direct (private) messages to 311. Why direct messages?
- Once you hear that we're following you, too, select the Update option and use your iPhone keyboard to type d CABQ and your question. For example:
d CABQ When does the Zoo open on Monday?
- Select Send.
- A City of Albuquerque 311 agent will reply to your message.
It's that easy!