How to Use Twitter from a Cell Phone
Please note that although Twitter is a free service, your cell phone provider may charge you a fee for texting. Check with them to avoid unexpected fees.
Don't text and drive!
We want to stay in touch, but not while you're on the road. Please don't text us while you're drivibg - it's both dangerous and illegal. Don't worry, we'll stand by while you pull over.
Register Your Account and Cell Phone
- If you don't yet have a Twitter account, use a computer with internet access to register for one at their website.
- Sign in to your Twitter account.
- Go to Twitter's "Devices" page and enter your cell phone number in the text box. Don't forget to put a +1 before the area code to specify that your phone is in the United States. Check the box consenting that it is OK for Twitter to send notifications to your cell phone.
- Twitter will give you a verification code. Using your cellphone, text that verification code to 40404.
You are now ready to Tweet from your text-enabled cellphone!
Contacting CABQ using Twitter
- From your cell phone, text the words follow CABQ to 40404.
- Wait until you receive notice that CABQ is following you. Once you get the message that CABQ is following you, you will be able to send direct (private) messages to 311. Why direct messages?
- Text d CABQ and your question to 40404. Be sure your message is 140 characters long or less. For example:
d CABQ When does the Zoo open on Saturday?
- The City of Albuquerque's 311 service will reply to your message.
It's that simple!